Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 75

Thread: Hondata Group Buy under way!

  1. #51
    Inactive Member Sonnyballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2001
    Posts
    460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by randomwalk101:
    Okay, I have a question...why the hell is the groupbuy price is more expensive than regular price (not including the gasket and all).

    Groupbuy: Stage 2 with boost only $645
    Website : stage 2 = $345
    boost = $295 (if purchased w/ the system)
    total = $640 !!! WTF???
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    The web site price does not include the $50 fitment fee for modifying the ECU. I paid $690 for my Stage 2B. The fitment fee is included in the groupbuy price.

    Sonny



    ------------------
    Sonny Van Hook ([email protected])
    2000 JRSC'd Civic Si @ 6psi (Powered by Hondata)
    1999 Tonykart/Honda 80cc Shifter

  2. #52
    Inactive Member sgT's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What you all are failing to included is
    the free hour of tuning you get from the
    dealer you purchase the hondata from
    through this GB. That is where the value
    comes from. That way you are more or less
    assured of a program tailored to YOUR car.

    I think this GB is a very good deal.

    Also I would recommend that anyone who gets
    a stage 2 or 3 get datalogging. Its really
    worth having.

  3. #53
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, taken into account of other freebies, groupbuy price is good...however it's just weird to increase the price and throw in freebies..I just thought it might be a mistake.
    I was going to get a Hondata even if there isn't a group buy anyways...so it came on at the perfect time biggrin BTW, I thought only ECU installation was free...I don't think "tuning" is included.

    Sonnyball, you mentioned that Tom Payne has some special Map on yours (9psi) etc.. it hought if you bought a stage 2 with basic boost (not GM map), it supports boost up to 11 psi anyways..so what's the big deal of 9psi thing vs. base map thing?

  4. #54
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sgT:
    Yes, 1 hour(about 100 worth) of the tuner's
    time IS INCLUDED. Thats what makes this deal
    REALLY worthwhile.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Not for stage 2 i don't think.

  5. #55
    Inactive Member sgT's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, 1 hour(about 100 worth) of the tuner's
    time IS INCLUDED. Thats what makes this deal
    REALLY worthwhile.

  6. #56
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Ordered from Tom Payne!!! biggrin
    If you order from Tom, like Sonny said, you get a specially tuned GSR 9psi chip instead of the base chip...If you do not need the gasket, you can get a $40 off the system instead. biggrin

    Now still waiting for the AEM fpr groupbuy biggrin
    I spent wayyyy too much money on this POS car...I need therapy!

  7. #57
    Inactive Member Hondata's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    66
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by randomwalk101:
    Ordered from Tom Payne!!! biggrin
    If you order from Tom, like Sonny said, you get a specially tuned GSR 9psi chip instead of the base chip...If you do not need the gasket, you can get a $40 off the system instead. biggrin

    Now still waiting for the AEM fpr groupbuy biggrin
    I spent wayyyy too much money on this POS car...I need therapy!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Get the bloody gasket! Why do you think we included it!! It is free power!!!


  8. #58
    Inactive Member UberLude's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 3rd, 2001
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by randomwalk101:
    Ordered from Tom Payne!!! biggrin
    If you order from Tom, like Sonny said, you get a specially tuned GSR 9psi chip instead of the base chip...If you do not need the gasket, you can get a $40 off the system instead. biggrin

    Now still waiting for the AEM fpr groupbuy biggrin
    I spent wayyyy too much money on this POS car...I need therapy!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    There was/is an AEM fuel components group buy going on at GBC. Dunno if it still is. If not, I just got some AEM fuel gear from wholesalehyperformance.com for pretty dirty cheap.

    Cheers,
    Ben

    ------------------
    99 Prelude SH
    --------------------
    The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little ones and zeros, little bits of data---it's all just electrons.

  9. #59
    Inactive Member Turismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 1999
    Posts
    557
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    One last question:

    I was searching for a P75 94-95 GSR ECU and they are hard to find and a bit expensive, and the P28 w/harness price looks good, but I would miss not having IAB control if I ever decide to go turbo.

    Can the Hondata chip be re-installed into a different ECU at a later date IF I would ever have the need, and at what cost? Regular $50 charge +removal fee or would you have to buy a whole new Hondata system?

    This would save me a lot of cash now for the slight chance of needing it in the future.


    Also, Does the cruise control have to be disabled or just if you choose the full throttle shift option to be active?

    I really dont want to lose the cruise all together.

    ------------------
    '96 JRSC GSR Sedan (Black Currant Pearl)
    AEM CAI / PMS / J&S Safeguard / Venom 380cc Injectors / Vortech Fuel Rail / Autometer Boost/Vac, Fuel Pressure (Dual Pillar), EGT (in glovebox for now) / Walbro HO Pump / Moroso "Catchcan" / Billstien Shocks / H&R OE Sports / Skunk2 Rear Swaybar / 3pc DC Sports Tie Bars / Bridgestone RE-71 Potenzas

  10. #60
    Inactive Member SpoolUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 18th, 2001
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Can I get any larger than 440cc injectors w/ this buy for the same price. What would the duty cycle be for a turbo b18b be running those 440cc injectors at 9psi w/ bosch pump (Approximately)??? How much boost can I run before I need bigger than 440cc injectors.

    Natty

    ------------------
    ichisen biriki ga aru

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •